A Welder is responsible for knowledge of machines and tools including their design, uses, repair and maintenance as they relate to the welding function.
A Welder is required to have knowledge of blueprints to determine required welding method and equipment. Must be able to recognize welding symbols and be able to verify conformance of finished product to the print.
Must be able to lay out, position and secure parts, components or structures. according to specifications. A Welder heats, forms, dresses metal part using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment. May use acetylene or plasma welding/cutting torch. Uses gas welding equipment.
A Welder will also be responsible for his/her safety and the safety of those around him/her. This will include a clean workstation before/during/after daily production.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Read blueprints – analyze drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly and welding operations
- Perform welding techniques over a lengthy time span
- Be able to use spot or tack welding techniques
- Be comfortable with MIG, TIG, and Stick Welding
- Weld in a flat, horizontal, vertical, down or overhead position
- be able to read, understand a variety of tools for measuring including a tape measure, calipers and micrometers.
- Examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications
- Maintain appropriate records, reports
- Clean work area
- Other duties as assigned
- Use of welding equipment
- Push/pull/lift 10-60 lbs of materials
- Use of hand tools
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Manual dexterity
- Be able to bend, stretch, twist or reach
- Be mechanically inclined
- Self-motivated (independent)
- Be able to operate cranes and forklifts as needed
Special Working Conditions
- 8 hour shift (some overtime may be required)
- Dirty environment
- Noisy environment
- Some temperature extremes
- standing for long periods of time
Essential job functions:
- Attendance at work is an essential job function.
- Welding and fabricating products from blueprints
- Working in a safe and responsible manner
Receipt of the Welder Job Description indicates you have received a copy of this job description. It does not mean that you are limited to only these job requirements. As Welder, you may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
Any interested applicants can apply by emailing their resume to email@example.com.