Job Title: Machinist Supervisor Title: Production Supervisor
Department: Machine Status: Non-Exempt
A Machinist is responsible for knowledge of machines and tools including their design, uses, repair and maintenance as they relate to the machining function.
A Machinist is required to have knowledge of blueprints to determine required machining method and equipment. Must be able to read print, perform needed operation, and be able to verify conformance of finished product to the print. Must be able to lay out, position and machine parts, components or structures according to specifications and tolerances. A Machinist may drill, cut, mill, and or grind. Must be able to read micrometers and calipers.
A Machinist will also be responsible for his/her safety and the safety of those around him/her. This will include a clean workstation before/during/after daily production.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Read blueprints – analyze drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly and machining operations
- Perform machining techniques over a lengthy time span
- Be able to use multiple machines
- Be comfortable with set up and operation of manual mills, lathes, and drill presses.
- Examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications
- Maintain appropriate records, reports
- Clean work area
- Other duties as assigned
- Use of various machining equipment including mills, lathes, drill press
- Understanding of shop math, including reading micrometers and calipers
- Push/pull 40 lbs of materials
- Use of hand tools
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Manual dexterity
- Be able to bend, stretch, twist or reach
- Be mechanically inclined
- Self-motivated (independent)
Special Working Conditions
- 8 hour shift (some overtime may be required)
- Dirty environment
- Noisy environment
- Some temperature extremes
Receipt of the Machinist Job Description indicates you have received a copy of this job description. It does not mean that you are limited to only these job requirements. As a Machinist, you may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates can apply by emailing their resume to email@example.com