Job Title: Machine Operator (Drill Press)
Supervisor Title: Production Supervisor
Department: Machine Shop
A Machine Operator is responsible for knowledge of machines and tools including their design, uses, repair and maintenance as they relate to the functions of the drill press (and other machines) in the Machine Shop.
A Machine Operator is required to have knowledge of blueprints to determine required drill press method and equipment. Must be able to read detailed prints, perform needed operations, and verify conformance of finished products to the prints. Must be able to lay out, position and machine parts, components or structures according to specifications and tolerances. An Operator may drill, cut, thread pipe, notch angles, and bend bar.
A Machine Operator will also be responsible for his/her safety and the safety of those around him/her. This will include a clean workstation before / during / after daily production.
- Job Duties:
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Analyze drawings (blueprints and schematics) and specifications to plan layout, assembly and machining operations.
- Perform machining techniques over a lengthy time span.
- Be able to use multiple machines.
- Be comfortable with setup and operation of drill presses (and other machines in the Machine Shop).
- Examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications.
- Maintain appropriate records and reports.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Job Skills / Abilities / Physical Elements
- Use of various machining equipment including drill press, notcher, iron worker, hydra-bender and a variety of saws.
- Understanding of shop work flow and distribution points
- Push / pull 40 lbs of materials
- Lifting and carrying 20-40 pounds
- Use of small hand tools
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach
- Frequent standing
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching
- Standing for long periods of time
- Be mechanically inclined
- Self-motivated (independent)
- 8-hour shift (some overtime may be required)
- Dirty environment
- Noisy environment
- Some temperature extremes
- Repetitious work
- Wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Problem solving skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Reading (and comprehending) blueprints, schematics, or work instructions
- Key Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to safely setup parts for machine.
- Ability to work safely and in a responsible manner.
- Knowledge of required tooling, inserts, and cutter component.
- Knowledge of speeds and feeds, tool pressure reactions, coolants, and lubricants.
- Ability to use digital read outs and manual dials.
- Attendance at work is an essential job function.
- Also important:
- Knowledge of using Job Boss/Baan
- Ability to operate tow motor
- Ability to operate crane
- Equipment used on job:
Receipt of the Machine Operator (Drill Press) job description indicates you have received a copy of this job description. It does not mean that you are limited to only these job requirements. As an Operator, you may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates can apply by emailing resumes to email@example.com.
- Job Duties: