The information listed on the calendar is provided to the chamber by the hosts and sponsors.
Be sure to check the links in each event for changes - weather-related or otherwise.
President/CEO – Galaxy Federal Credit Union
We are looking for an experienced credit union leader to manage and control strategic and operational business aspects of a growing credit union in beautiful Franklin, PA.
Who we are: We are owned by our members and follow the “people helping people” philosophy. Galaxy Federal Credit Union is committed to providing the best financial services and products at competitive rates in a safe, professional, and friendly atmosphere to benefit our members in their current and future financial needs.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Development of high-quality business strategies and plans and ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term goals.
- Direct all credit union operations which includes planning, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Lead and motivate employees.
- Oversee all operational and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission of the credit union.
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements.
- Ensure the credit union is in compliance with all federal and state laws and regulatory agencies.
- Manage the safety and security for the credit union.
- Provide strategic direction in all credit union functions including business development, compliance, facilities management, human resources, investments, lending, marketing, daily operations, retail services, risk management and security.
- Provide strategy for IT operations and procedures.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company.
- Collaborate with a variety of vendors to provide products and services. Negotiate with vendors to ensure contracts are renewed, revised within required time frames.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Seven to ten years of experience in a credit union or comparable financial institution required
- 5 or more years managerial/supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and present comprehensive reports.
- Ability to organize and analyze financial information and to accurately perform complex financial calculations.
- Thorough and detailed understanding of credit union policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and member service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and diligence.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a proven ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and discretion.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Provide leadership and strategy for IT operations ensuring the IT infrastructure maintains compliance and efficiency.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Traveling to businesses and hotels (some overnight travel), flexible work hours including nights and weekends.
- Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods.
- Requires extended periods of walking or standing, computer keying, working at a desk, and viewing spreadsheets and other written material.
- Ability to stand, walk, as well as talk, see and hear.
- There is also the potential for kneeling and lifting of objects up to 25 lbs.
How to apply: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will not be accepted at the local branch.